Python - A Python to Freemind-Freeplane translator
Do you know the mind mapping?
This is a tool to write ideas, concepts, notes as a "natural" form.
A lot of software are available ti. You'll find them easyly on the net.
I thougt that if we can write what's happend in our head with there tolls, we can also program with. And we can avoid UML weight also.
Then I created a Python to Freemind / Freeplane translator.
I chose there softwares because:
- Freemind and Freeplane are free softwares
- Freemind and Freeplane are compatible and the maps are saved as XML format, that make work easy
Use it as a module or in command line.
It permit to:
- create branch with Python code.
- generate codes with branchs.
- create links to generate or import codes with single clic (new in 1.4 version).
- create espy programs (see Espy article).
- create CSS files.
You can try it, (eventually adopt it): download it here.
If a Freemind/Freeplane to Python translator seems to be usefull for you too, leave a message.
See a little video tutorial here. (in french but understanding).
Creation date : 24/07/2010 @ 08:57
Reactions to this article